Saturday, December 12, 2009

To Kim Whitehead (给柯姆-怀特海德)

(柯姆-怀特海德是我的一个同事,于2009年12月5日因突发脑溢血去世,是年36岁。这是我用英文写的、献给她的一首诗)

To Kim Whitehead
(12/09/2009)

You are one of my colleagues,
Sit only two cubical behind.
For more than two years we have worked together,
I never heard you say “No” to whatever people asked.

An IT professional,
You tirelessly worked;
A trained ballerina,
Gracefully you walked.

Often, a couple of gentlemen (who are hardly working :))
Standing by your cubical, chatting, watching you work.
People say “Look, Kim is popular again!”
You say nothing, modestly smiled.

Yes, you are well-liked,
Because during outage, you always remain calm;
You are well-liked,
Because under pressure, you don’t show you are tired.

Everyone enjoys working with you,
A soft-spoken intelligent lady indeed.
Sometimes I even wonder,
To keep such good temper all the time, is it very hard?

I am very grateful that I got to know you,
You are one of a kind.
I wish I could be like you --
Impact without force; sound without word.

"An Angel " –- a drawing someone posted on your cubical,
That is how you are viewed.
You left us,
But the angel will forever be held.

An angel,
All secular trivial things, you don’t seem mind;
An angel,
Above the horizon, you look beyond.

You and I didn’t have chance
To talk much about personal life,
But I am sure you as a mother,
Are very loving and are 100% devoted.

You raised fund for your daughter’s bicycling race,
Every time she needed.
You sent us the photo of Michaela,
Every race she finished.

Would you please ask me for contribution again?
I wish you would.
Through Michaela,
Your life will be continued.

I watered your plants this morning,
“Kim won’t be back” - I finally accepted…
The green is going to stay,
Surely by many, you will be missed.

No comments: